CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Florida Trip Day 11

On Sunday, it was a high of +22, so we lay by the pool and then went in the hot tub when the wind picked up.  In the past, I haven't used a lot of sunscreen since I don't usually burn very much, but I have decided that I want to take better care of my skin, so I used a combination of SPF 30 and SPF 8 sunscreen.  On the parts that I used SPF 30, I got tan lines just after a few hours!  This is the beautiful pool

IMG_3503

We went and grabbed lunch at an outdoor burger place and there was a small plane writing in the sky...I think the whole thing said "Jesus loves you" but we left after the first word.  I thought that was totally cool!  Jason said that guy has been doing this for years.

IMG_3504

After a relaxing pool day, we went to the Hard Rock Cafe for supper, which is between Universal Studios + Islands of Adventure.

IMG_3446

The Universal globe

IMG_3517

Ready for a night out

IMG_3513

This was inside the Hard Rock Cafe...apparently after Elvis made his first million, he bought his mom her dream car, which was this (and it was rotating)

IMG_3521

After supper, we went mini golfing, which I love

IMG_3523

Then, we went to Downtown Disney which is an area full of shops and restaurants.  This is a store FULL of magnets.  I love little magnets, but these were kind of expensive, so I didn't buy any.

IMG_3529

IMG_3532

This was made entirely of Lego

IMG_3533

Sign on a store

IMG_3536

I thought this looked neat + I might enlarge it one day and put it in Kiera's room

IMG_3537

I got to pose with Cinderella, which I was actually excited about, even though she's fake

IMG_3538

This was the impressive Cirque du Soleil building

IMG_3540

We left there and drove around for quite a long time because Jason wanted to get ice cream somewhere, but it was after 11 p.m., so they were all closed.  We drove past a Denny's and I said, "Hey!  Don't they have ice cream?"  By this time, it was midnight, so we stopped there and had dessert.  Jared + I shared an apple crisp.  This was the light fixture over our table, which I thought looked pretty sweet.

IMG_3543

It was a good mixture of a relaxing day + a busy evening.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed your post today. I think I would have really enjoyed this day had I been there. The picture of the spelling "Jesus" in the sky was really cool!

Jamie said...

Again, it all looks like so much fun! I can't wait until we go back (we'll probably wait until our youngest is old enough for rides).

Sheila said...

I just went through all your days and wow did you have a fun-loaded trip!!! looks like you had a blast!

Anonymous said...

I loved the Jesus in the clouds!
Gotta google that guy and send some words of encouragment his way!
Lovin all the photos ur postin of the trip!!