On Thursday, we went back to Universal Florida and spent most of the day at Islands of Adventure. We went on the Incredible Hulk, which was one of the more "relaxing" roller coasters.
We also went on a Spiderman ride which I think was a roller coaster in a building.
We went on Jurassic Park River Adventure which was another roller coaster where you go down a river, then up into a castle, then you come out of it with a steep drop down into the river with a big splash. We went on it several times since there was no line-up and we always sat in the 3rd row from the back so that we stayed fairly dry.
The Incredible Hulk and Doctor Doom's Fearfall (the 2 tall towers) from a distance
We went on the Dueling Dragons which is 2 roller coasters that start off side-by-side, then they split off and in the middle of it, you're heading straight for each other, but then turn at the last second. Apparently, I was too busy screaming and/or frozen in terror from all the twists, drops, and loops, because I didn't even notice when we were heading straight for the other roller coaster and we went on it twice! This was the outside of a ride which I thought looked cool.
Pretty flower
This was the outside of a gift shop in "Seuss Landing."
This is the 50's diner that we ate lunch at.
We went for supper at IHOP, which is one of my favorite restaurants. You get amazing, huge meals for a cheap price (mostly all under $10.) Jared got some sort of apple pancakes with eggs, bacon, sausage, and hashbrowns with cheese.
I got nutella crepes with strawberries on top. Mmmmmm!
Kiera is 15 months old today and still not crawling or walking. She is "walking" with us holding her under the armpits and she's looking less and less like a drunk person when she "walks," so things are definitely headed in the right direction. She's also going up on her knees, which she started to do while we were in Florida. She says "dad" + "hi dad" on a regular basis. She also says "ball." Her 2 newest ones she learned yesterday: duck is "cuck or guck." She also says, "cek cek" for "quack quack." When I say, "Knock knock," she knocks twice. She is pointing at everything and going, "Heh?" which means she wants to know what it's called. She's definitely learning things at a faster pace now which is a lot of fun!
7 comments:
Looks like you have another fun day in Florida, although that roller coaster video clip looked like to was too crazy for me to attempt! Happy 15 months Kiera. It sure is delightful to see her learning so many things! Love her and you.
Kids learn at such different speeds! Though Seth is walking, he still doesn't say anything--doesn't even jabber much. I'm glad you seem to be more relaxed about the walking thing!
I love how one moment I am visualizing you screaming your guts out on a roller coaster, and the next moment you have me looking at a 'pretty flower'. HA! That's awesome that Kiera is talking more!!
looks like a great time! You know, by weird coincidence one of my students was there at exactly the same time... I keep looking at all the people in the background to see if I see her family :D
If she ever brings hers in I'm sure I'll be looking for you.
Looking back I've often wondered why we encouraged our girls to learn how to walk, because once they start doing that, you've lost control! They're off on their own.
Now they've all just about grown up and I'm not sure what I'm gong to do with myself.
looks like some fun rides and yummy food!
Nutella Crepes??!!
Oh that sounds delicious!!!
You are one brave girl to go on roller coasters, I am absolutely terrified!! :)
Post a Comment