On Tuesday, we took a break from parks, since our feet + legs were aching from all the walking. It was our only rainy (slightly drizzling) day, so that worked out really well. We spent the day at the condo playing Bohnanza, watching t.v., and just hangin' out and relaxing. I FINALLY won Bohnanza twice as I had lost about 15 times in a row until that point. We went out to Cici's Pizza + Buffet for supper for $5.99/person! After that, we went to the world's largest McDonald's.
Inside the arcade area on the 2nd floor of McD's
Giving Ronald some nipple twists (yes, we're strange, I know)
The border on the wall close to where you order food...I thought it looked cool
In more current news, our washing machine broke down the day after we got home from Florida (last week Wednesday). I had a full load in there, it was full of water, and it wouldn't drain. I spent a couple of hours wringing out all the clothes, putting them in the dryer, and then scooping all the water out of there with a sandwich-sized tupperware container. During that time, the Lord wanted me to start praising Him. Right. That's exactly what I felt like doing...not! I did anyway, and suddenly it didn't seem so bad. We were actually kind of glad it broke because our washer + dryer were at least 20 years old and they sounded like a rocket ship was about to launch whenever we did laundry. We spent the following days looking on Kijiji online for a good used set.
On Sunday, Jared + my dad went to look at a set and then came back to my parents' place where Kiera + I were. He said they were good and was asking me if we should buy them. I said, "Yes, go for it, if you thought they were good." Then they started talking about who they should call to borrow a truck and they were kind of humming + hawing when suddenly Jared said, "Elleah, come look out the window." To my utter surprise, amazement, and shock, my cousin had pulled up in the driveway and in the back of the truck was a washer + dryer! They had called him on their way to the city and he just happened to already be in the city (totally a God-thing) and was available to come help them load it up and bring them to our place. Jared totally surprised me, which is hard to do! We didn't have the money set aside for it, but we have some in savings, so we got a 6-year-old Maytag washing machine and a GE dryer that's less than 2 years old for $350 altogether. Brand new, those things start at between $350-$400 each, so we were very happy with that deal! God totally provided! Oh, and they're as quiet as a church mouse! I can't even hear them running when I'm on the main floor (they're in the basement)! Yay!
Old set
New set
5 comments:
LOL
Man do I know exactly how you feel about the washer and dryer!
We had totally ancient washer and dryer, and they were awfully noisy. Whenever the washing machine would go....it would literally hope around the room..no balance what so ever.
But we were incredibly lucky to find a set of ten year old washer and dryer for $100!
I never knew that you could actually do laundry at night and still fall asleep! haha
Must be so nice to have a 'new' set--I've had to deal with very old washers/dryers in some of the places we've lived too. And I've even had brand new (but not in this house)! They really are such important pieces of equipment!
YAY! new washer and dyer. It must be so nice.... now you can really finish all the after vacation laundry!
I agree it's great to have a decent washer & dryer set. But we don't mind if you have to bring your laundry over now and again. I bet you're glad you only had to do it once since your washer broke down!
Anyway, happy washing. Love you.
MUCH better, very nice :d
Post a Comment