CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Florida Trip Day 7

On Wednesday the 14th, we went to Universal Orlando. There are 2 parks there: Universal Studios + Islands of Adventure. Last March, we ordered the tickets online and got 7 days for the price of one ($80)! We spent most of the day at Universal Studios. We saw Fear Factor live

IMG_3452

and we also saw a live reenactment of Twister. We went and saw Shrek 4-D, and Terminator 2 3-D as well.

Beautiful 3-D glasses

IMG_3453

One of my favorites was the Simpsons ride. I hate the Simpsons t.v. show, but this ride had nothing to do with the show. You were in this car and there's a screen in front of you and the car moves around and on the screen you're at an amusement park going on a very wild ride. It felt so real! I loved it!

I think this was Hollywood Blvd.

IMG_3454

Then, we went over to the Islands of Adventure park. This is the entrance.

IMG_3464

These are just inside the entrance

IMG_3460

IMG_3466

This is the most beautiful area of the park

IMG_3467

IMG_3469

IMG_3470

We left the park at suppertime and went to TGI Friday's for supper. I had fried macaroni, which was GREAT! Sounds healthy, right? We liked to go in the hot tub at our condo in the evenings to relax after a busy day, but our hot tub wasn't working properly, so the water wasn't very hot. That was disappointing, especially since the evenings got really cold (+10 was quite cold for Orlando). Oh well, not the end of the world. The pool area was a little ways away from our condo building (there was a whole condo/house community that we were staying in: Windsor Hills Reserve), so it was quite a cold run there + especially back when we were all wet. All part of the adventure! Oh, and thanks for all the comments! I really appreciate them and it makes blogging a lot more enjoyable for me. :)

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I completely agree about comments making blogging more fun and meaningful--to know someone's reading and actually cares about what you're writing!

Anyway, again, lots of memories for me: we spent an entire day at Islands of Adventure on our honeymoon. We LOVE roller coasters so we had fun! We did the Dueling Dragons from the front seat--what a rush!

Anonymous said...

Keep em coming Elleah. I like to see what you did each day in Florida. It must have been really
nice to see those bright pink flowers in bloom at the park.

Anonymous said...

I also REALLY enjoyed the Simpsons ride (in California).
Florida sounds like such a GREAT place to vacation!!
And Im lovin all the photos you're posting :)