CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Winter in May and Needles

Ice droplets on the trees





































Thankfully it doesn't look like this anymore, but while it did, I wanted to get some pictures. While I was taking a break from typing this to go to the bathroom, I got to thinking about the day so far. This morning Kiera had her 6-month needles. Needless to say, it wasn't an enjoyable experience for either of us. Like the other 2 times, though, she only cried for about a minute until I picked her up and soothed her. Although it still probably hurt, she realized she was ok. I think it's like that with me and God. At times He allows me to experience things that are painful and I cry and I don't understand why. He stays by me and picks me up and then I realize that I'm alright. Just like needles are good in the long run, God uses every situation for good. I forget that He sees the big picture and all I see in the short term is how hard it is. Thank-you Lord for teaching me a life lesson through needles!

2 comments:

Roo said...

i enjoyed this post! good thoughts!

Jamie said...

And such a good life lesson it is! I've been trying very hard lately to remember that God has only good planned for us, even if it's not exactly in our own timing.