CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Milestones

Today is an update on some milestones and new things that have been going on here at home. For of those of you who are not on facebook or didn't see my status update earlier this week, Kiera got her first tooth last week! Finally all the drooling, sucking on fingers, and recent fussiness has produced something semi-permanant, at least for the next few years. I've only gotten a couple of short glimpses of this tooth because Kiera gets mad and turns her face away every time I try to pry open her mouth (go figure). Another new thing is that she is starting to sit on her own (yay)!



















I have made her practice sitting every day for the past couple of months, so it's great to see the fruits of that now that she's past the 6-month mark! We have now stopped taking her lounge chair with us everywhere we go. We celebrated my first Mother's Day last week-end and Jared surprised me with this:



















I love it! The laptop was not part of the gift, in case you were wondering. Kiera also started baby food now which has been interesting. Certain flavors she definitely likes more than others. Sweet potato has been a hit with her. She's still a little on the messy side, though. She's not catching on to the whole table manners thing yet. Hopefully she'll catch on before she gets her first boyfriend or he's not going to want to take her out for supper.



















Kiera also got her first bass guitar lesson from Grandpa G (my dad)



















Yep, my girl is gonna be a rock star! Just don't forget who went through 24 hours of labor for you and changed your diaper when you're famous, Kiera. You may still need your mommy from time to time! She also had her first piano lesson from me this month, but I didn't get a picture. I'll let you all know when she goes on tour. Those are all of her accomplishments from the past couple of weeks. She's been busy! I hear her singing over the monitor...yes, she's a one-girl band! Well, time for her drum lesson...

5 comments:

Allison said...

Your too funny Elleah! I enjoy reading your blog.

Elleah said...

Thank you!

Jamie said...

Wow--a tooth already?!? I guess it's right on time, but my kids are always late with teeth. They've both been around 8 or 9 months! So I'm not expecting to see a tooth anytime soon, even though there's plenty of drool!

Jacki said...

That's awesome that she's sitting! Joshua's got a little lump on his bottom gum, so soon him and Kiera can bite each other in the nursery. yum.

Allison Friesen said...

24 hours of labor? Ick. I thought 20 was long enough!