I got hit with a cold this week. I was quite shocked since I haven't been sick like this for a year and a half-2 years, besides being nauseous at the beginning of my pregnancy. I've been blessed with great health. Since moms don't get "sick days" I've been praying for Kiera to be happy and easy to take care of since I don't have the energy to do a lot with her and then I was surprised when God answered yes to that. Why am I surprised when I get answers to prayer? Kiera has been very happy today and was quiet in her swing for quite a long time. Thank you Lord! I also prayed that God would help me to sleep last night since I rarely ever sleep properly when I'm stuffed up. I went to bed at midnight, got up 10 minutes later to go outside to cover my flowers when Jared mentioned there was a risk of frost, then came back to bed and slept through the night 'til 6:30. Kiera woke up for a feeding and then we both went back to sleep until 10 a.m.! Again, I was so surprised that God did that. Why don't I think that the God who created the whole universe and has raised people from the dead can help me sleep through the night when I'm sick? The theme of our Bible Study at church is "Believing God." Apparently I haven't been doing a very good job of that. Lord please help me!
Another thing that has been on my mind lately is that I need piano students for the fall. I don't know why it's so hard for me to trust that God will provide all my needs according to His riches and glory. He keeps proving Himself over and over again, so I need to simply trust and not worry. I feel like I'm in a battle but thankfully God is fighting for me and helping me every step of the way.
This morning, I went to put teething gel on Kiera's lower gums and something poked me that wasn't there before. Kiera got her 2nd tooth! She just barely got her first one and now she has two!! Crazy! Some days I feel like I can barely keep up with her.
I'm SUPER pumped that my all-time favorite t.v. show is starting tonight: "So You Think You Can Dance." I don't watch a lot of t.v., but that's one that I definitely love. American Idol just ended last night and although I was cheering for David Archuleta, I also like David Cook and was pretty happy that he won. This is probably the longest blog I've ever written...I'm not usually much of a writer which is why I like pictures. Just thought I'd share what's been going on in my heart and life in general. Ciao!
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Gotta Have a Little More Faith
Posted by Elleah at 3:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I love that show too! hope you feel better soon :)
HA! When I read your facebook update - that you posted some 'news' on your blog - I thought you were pregnant!!! Whoa nelly. Talk about my heart racing. I hope you feel better really soon...I hate being plugged up!!
Ya, I knew some people might think I was pregnant again when they read that (hee hee)!
trusting GOd in the small stuff. great reminder elleah! HE does answer even those mother prayers, and his grace is always there especially when i take it. bless you and pray you fell tip top soon
hey
yeah
idon't actually use this any more.
i just needed the coding for that picture.
i blog on my myspace now
http://www.myspace.com/benisin
it's fun to hear from people that i haven't talked to in awhile.
what part of canada do you live in?
and what is it you're doing for work that you like so much?
Post a Comment