The 4 of us along with my Mom went away this past Saturday-Sunday. Originally, my Dad was going to pay for me, the kids, and my Mom to go visit my sister + brother-in-law in Washington. They’re too busy right now getting ready to move to a different place, so it didn’t work for us to go. So, my Dad offered to pay for us to go away for the week-end. At first I said no because we had just been there in May and I didn’t know how Kiera would do at the hotel, but he insisted, so we went. It ended up being a really good time! Our hotel had a great splash park/kiddie pool which Kiera really enjoyed once she got used to it. There was also a big waterslide going into a deeper pool which Jared + I went down several times.
The kids slept very well, but I didn’t! There was a wedding reception on the first floor and our room was close to it, but on the 2nd floor. All I heard was SUPER loud bass from 10:30 p.m. – 1:00 a.m. BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM over and over for 2 1/2 hours. I was so not impressed but I decided to use that time to pray so it wasn’t wasted. I got about 4-5 hours of sleep because I was up with Blake a couple of times in the night as well. My Mom was in the next room with Kiera and didn't hear the music as much.
The hotel came with $20 vouchers/room that could be used in their restaurant or lounge, so we used it for breakfast the next morning and the food was great! We did some shopping on Sunday afternoon, but not very much since we had the kids with us. Kiera enjoyed sitting on the rides at the mall.
I bought a pair of black pants for $10 and a t-shirt for $6. Jared bought some sunglasses at Target and that’s all we bought besides diapers and a few grocery items! Kiera asked to be a “cool chick” and wear sunglasses just like we were.
When we got back, we didn’t even go home. We went straight to our friend’s house for games night and the kids did very well until about 9:00 when it was time for bed. Fun was had by all!
2 comments:
looks like fun. Which hotel did you stay in?
How nice that you got to get away for the weekend! Looks like Kiera was having fun in the pool!
Post a Comment