CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 19, 2009

Still Busy

We had another busy but good week-end. On Friday night, we went out with 8 other friends to celebrate our birthdays. We went bowling and it was way cheaper per person to rent 2 lanes for 2 hours instead of paying for individual games. One of my friends paid for me as a birthday present, so that was very nice! My bowling scores were HORRIBLE and I blame it on being almost 9 months pregnant. We played 4 games and 2 of them I scored in the 90's and the other 2 were over 100.

After bowling, we went out to eat. The restaurant we went to has a bunch of meals on sale for $10 right now, so Jared and I both ordered an individual-sized pizza which came with a side caesar salad. I had the tropical chicken pizza which was really good! After we were done our meals, Jared asked the waitress if they gave free desserts since it was his birthday on Thursday and mine is tomorrow. She said, "Sure!" She brought out a huge brownie for us with ice cream! It was YUMMY! We went up to pay at the end and the waitress said, "Oh, your bill has already been taken care of." We were stunned and asked, "By who?" She said, "The guy sitting across from you who ordered wings." Yep, one of our friends paid for our whole bill and then quickly left before we could thank him! I sent him a text message right away and he said, "You're very welcome. Happy birthday to both of you!"

Saturday, I worked and then we had a Thanksgiving gathering in the evening. Yesterday, we went to church and then got Subway for lunch. We each got a footlong and saved half of it for supper. Jared worked in the evening, so my parents came over and spent time with Kiera and I. We went to visit my Grandma in the hospital. She suddenly couldn't walk a couple of days ago, so my uncle took her in. She's fine now and is probably going home tomorrow. Oh, and I forgot to mention that my Dad was in a car accident a couple of weeks ago. I'm SO thankful he's alright. He got t-boned at an intersection and his car got written off, but he's fine! Now he got a very nice much newer car. He had wanted to get a different vehicle anyway, but that's not the way he was planning to get one!

I'm exactly 2 weeks away from my due date and can hardly wait to meet this baby! I'm so ready to be done being pregnant right now. I'm smaller than I was with Kiera, so that's something to be thankful for. I also have no swelling, which means I'm still wearing my wedding rings! My hands and feet started to swell a bit a month before Kiera was due, so this one is going much better with that as well! I may not have a lot of time to blog after the baby is born, but I will try to keep you all updated. I'm going to go pack my hospital bag now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, you're almost there! I'm wondering what Kiera's initial response will be and then how she'll handle being the big sister. I pray she'll be a good one! Love, Mom

Roo said...

ahhhh!! soo exciting. i'm impressed you actually were able to bowl!!!! well done! :)