CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Unveiling of Our Finished Basement

After living in our house just over 2 years and getting work done in our basement as we had the money, it is finally finished (except for the ceiling)!  We hope to finish the ceiling this summer if we have enough money.  We started off with a completely open concrete basement that wasn’t even insulated.  This was the staircase + bedroom while it was being studded

IMG_1920

The bedroom after it was drywalled

IMG_2055

The staircase + Kiera’s future bedroom finished with her new bedroom furniture (we don’t have bedding for her yet).  The paint is gray, although in some lighting it looks blue, but it’s actually gray.

IMG_4269

IMG_4270

IMG_4271

IMG_4272

The rec room while it was being studded

IMG_1919

The rec room after drywall

IMG_2056

The finished rec room

IMG_4274

IMG_4275

The 7-foot rec room closet before

IMG_2057

Finished closet

IMG_4276

The storage/furnace room before

IMG_2058

After

IMG_4278

Laundry area during studding

IMG_1921

Finished laundry area

IMG_4279

Bathroom before

IMG_2059

Bathroom after

IMG_4281

IMG_4283

Ta da!  We are very happy with it, we almost doubled the size of our living space, and now we can officially say we have a 4-bedroom 2-bathroom house. :) 

7 comments:

Jen said...

looks great Elleah! Must feel good to have all that done now!!!

Danae said...

Awesome reno! Looks great... I'm sure it'll be wonderful to have more play area for Kiera, especially in winter!

Anonymous said...

Great job! It is so nice to have that space finished off!

Kat said...

I LOVE your bathroom - I'm a fan of the dark wood. Great job overall!

Jen & Andy Plett said...

What a fantastic job on the basement! It looks GREAT!!
WAY TO GO!!!

Jamie said...

Looks so nice! I'm sure it makes a huge difference! I especially love the bathroom!

Sheila said...

That's awesome!! You guys did a great job!!