CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 23, 2009

Yelling + Body Parts

Update since Thursday's post: Kiera has been doing better with not yelling as much at home. She's been doing the sign for "please" since December and now she also says it in English, so I tried to get her to say please whenever she was yelling for food. At first, it wasn't working, but now she's not yelling nearly as much. Also, if I respond quickly, then she doesn't get as worked up. Now she's started yelling in the car for food, though. She wants to eat almost 24/7 these days, so it's hard to know what to do in the car. When I'm in the passenger seat, I sometimes reach back and put food in her mouth, but my arm gets sore and I can't be feeding her ALL the time and always giving in to her every want. Plus, it often makes a mess. She needs to learn to wait for food sometimes which is quite difficult to teach right now. We've tried disciplining her, we've tried ignoring her, and we've tried telling her to be quiet and nothing seems to work at this point. At least she has a healthy appetite! I'm just going to keep praying about it and I know it will get better. I love her and she is a blessing! Here's a video of my little smarty pants that I took last week:

7 comments:

Jacki said...

Smart girl!!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah that's my smart granddaughter, and she's cute to boot! Love you Kiera. Nana

Jenene said...

She's a genius. I always knew it. Now all you have to do is teach her to scoot over to the fridge and point whenever you ask her, "Where is Auntie Neenee?" "Where is Uncle Art?"

Danae said...

Such a cutie! I can relate to disciplining issues as Ben's latest thing is to pull out the registers, and he usually just laughs when we say no :)

Jamie said...

Yes, trying to train them when they don't fully understand is so difficult! I especially love when they scream for something in a restaurant--they don't care that they're disturbing other people and embarrassing mom and dad!

Kiera sure is smart! I'm impressed!

Sheila said...

She is just WAY too cute!! And very smart! Good job Kiera!

Jen & Andy Plett said...

Aww what a smart little girl you have and a cute one too!