So, once again, we're stuck at home due to bad weather. I was disappointed that Kiera and I didn't go to "Baby + Me" this morning. We go once a week and it's an hour-long class for moms with kids ages 0-3. We sing a song or two, the lady leading it reads a book (this last time it was a big pop-up book and most of the kids actually quietly watched her read it), we make a little craft, talk with other moms, and they give the kids a snack. The best part: it's all free! Kiera likes it...they always have a big pile of books in the middle. If you want to keep Kiera happily entertained, that is by far the best way to do it! Kiera's very outgoing, so when we were there last week, she went up to this other baby (about 9 months old) and wanted to interact with her, but this little girl was quite shy and started crying! Oops! The lady leading the group said, "Your daughter is very brave." I said, "Ya, she doesn't have a shy bone in her body. She'll just go up to strangers no problem." The first time Kiera met one of my piano students, when she walked in the door Kiera quickly held up her arms to be picked up. My student was very surprised! Yep, that's my daughter. I want to leave you with a totally unrelated picture that I thought looked cool. I've never seen an ice cube freeze like that and couldn't recreate that if I tried!
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Stuck
Posted by Elleah at 12:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Your ice cube has a nose!
And I really miss Kiera. A lot. *Sigh*
I'm glad Kiera is not shy but you might have to teach her when going up to strangers is not a good thing! And the ice cube...interesting. Look forward to tonight. Love Mom
I thought the same thing that your mom some said about strangers!
And that ice cube is so weird, I wonder how that happened?!
That happens to our ice cubes all the time and I can never figure out why! They get really pointy!! So weird.
Kiera sounds like a fun little girl!
I gotta say, though, the stranger-danger thing occurred to me, too! My sister was very outgoing when she was tiny, too, and one day she just walked up to a stranger and latched onto their hand and starting walking away! lol
Post a Comment