As has been my extended family’s tradition on my Dad’s side for about 23 years, every August long week-end we go to Minaki together. This was the 2nd year that we went for the whole week-end with our kids.
I love how you can drive an hour and there’s a complete change of scenery!
After having a cabin mix-up last year (we had confirmed our reservation and when we showed up they didn’t have the cabin for us that we had booked), we got a lake-front cabin this year, which we were very thankful for!
This was the view from the cabin
I swam to the island once during our time there. If the weather had been warmer, I may have done it again, as it took me hours to warm up after.
The 4-plex in the background is where our cabin was
I did not edit the colors in this picture in any way. I have no words to describe such beauty!
Kiera enjoyed spending time with her 2nd cousins in the tube that was tied to the dock.
As it wasn’t very warm most of the week-end, she enjoyed cuddling up with her Daddy
Blake was more brave this year and swam in the lake a few times!
I captured these sweet moments without being caught :)
They tore down 4 old cabins and turned them into a brand new 4-plex this year, so this was the inside of our cabin.
This was the room I shared with the girls and Jared and Blake shared the other bedroom.
We ate outside on the deck a couple of times which was nice
We had some late nights while we were there, hanging out in other family’s cabins, so the kids crashed on the couch.
One of my cousins went for a swim every morning to the island and back around breakfast time, so being the stalker that I am, I took a picture of her one morning. Not that you can really see her…my camera doesn’t zoom that far. ;p
My Dad brought his new boat and tube to the lake, so although it was cold and windy, we did go out once.
4 of them had a tube ride (Kiera is sitting behind Haley) for about 15 seconds…
…until the tube flipped and they all went into the water. Haley cried while another one of the girls said, “That was the worst tube ride ever!” Kiera and one of the girls were wearing sweaters overtop of their swimsuits, since it was cold and they had not planned on getting wet!
One of them wanted to keep going, so we did. My cousin and his wife camped on the island, so a few of them went over to the island to see where their campsite would be.
Jared never reads books, but he borrowed one from my brother-in-law to read on the week-end, so I had to take a picture!
Since the weather was cloudy, cold and a bit rainy on Monday morning, we left at 10:30 a.m. and drove to Kenora to look around and have lunch before going home. Last year was our first time there, so we got to see more of it this time.
I really like this roundabout
Wall murals are cool, too
I like old buildings
I really liked these colorful chairs
I was really struck by how these flowers were growing straight out of the rock. It made me think of the beauty that comes when we turn to God and allow Him to work in our hearts during hard times, expecting that in all things He works for the good of those who love Him.
We already booked the same cabin for next August and it is something we all look forward to every year! I just love my family!
0 comments:
Post a Comment