CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 5, 2012

Kiera’s Birthday Party

This was the first year where I had a “drop off your kids” party.  In the past, I have always done combined birthdays parties for Kiera + Blake, since their birthdays are 8 days apart, and then I’ve invited all the kids of a family + their Moms.  I went to town on the streamers.  I always do balloons, so I wanted to try streamers this year, since I am really bad at tying balloons.  I found out that streamers are a lot more work!

IMG_2647

IMG_2648

IMG_2650

Opening presents

IMG_2670

IMG_2673

I wanted Kiera to wear her nice new Christmas dress (which I found in the States for $22…sweet!) so she did

IMG_2676

I was going to say “all the pretty girls” but then I realized Blake was in there, too

IMG_2682

Haley liked the presents as well

IMG_2684

I found this tablecloth either at Target or Wal-Mart when I was in the States on my birthday week-end

IMG_2665

Once again, I made a gluten-free chocolate cake (love that cake mix) with buttercream icing and it tasted good!  Kiera wanted a frog and a sun, so that wasn’t too hard.  It wouldn’t win any awards, but I was happy with the finished product.

IMG_2655

I made candy apples instead of doing goody bags.  Very good but very sticky!

IMG_2657

IMG_2658

It turned out well.  Sometimes I feel bad that I don’t do theme parties, but I sort of had a color scheme with the decorations + cake, so I figured that was good enough.  They had fun, so it was a success.  Hats off to all you Moms who do fabulous theme parties and are great at decorating cakes!  My giftings are different and I’m realizing that’s ok! :)

0 comments: