There’s a lot on my heart and mind, but there are a lot of things I can’t share, which is why I’ve been hesitant to blog this week. I will share the things I’m comfortable sharing, though. Last week, the painful situation in my life got worse. It’s something that I never thought I would have to face and I don’t wish it on anybody. The day after I got this heartbreaking news, our church’s Spirit Alive conference began, which was 4 sessions throughout the week-end with 3 men speaking that all focused on the Holy Spirit. God knew that was EXACTLY what I needed! I wasn’t even intending to be at any of the sessions, except to play on the worship team, and I ended up being at every session, except for teaching Sunday School on Sunday morning. I came thirsty and got filled and refreshed! On Friday night, people were invited up to the front who wanted more of the Holy Spirit and wanted to be prayed for. I went up and got prayed for. One of the men speaking prayed for me and said, “God wants you to know that he has heard your prayers. You have been crying out for something and He wants you to know that He hears you.” I just started crying because that was bang on! I was super encouraged.
On Saturday morning, I learned that all of our lives are either controlled by a Person (the Holy Spirit) or a passion (sinful nature). That really stood out to me. On Saturday evening, I was sitting at the back, just enjoying God’s presence while people were up at the front getting prayed for after the message. My friend came to me and asked, “Do you want to go up to the front?” I said, “I don’t know.” She said, “Ya you do,” and dragged me up to the front. When I got there, the presence of the Holy Spirit was so thick, it was almost tangible. I couldn’t even stay standing! I stayed there for a while, just enjoying His presence and not wanting to leave! I’ve never felt it that deeply before and it was sweeter than the sweetest dessert. I felt totally + completely satisfied, in spite of the difficult circumstances in my life. I felt supernatural emotional strength and deep, unexplainable joy! I can walk in peace through this trial and it is all because of Jesus and His Spirit living inside of me! God is just SOOO GOOD!
1 comments:
It was a very sweet time.
Post a Comment