CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

First Day of School

On Friday, September 7, Kiera began her school journey.  I was mostly very excited for her, as I could see that she was getting bored at home and needed to be out and interact with other kids and learn.  Of course, I was a little bit sad as I had to let go of her more than I have in the past almost 5 years and she is now in an environment that I have no control over.  It’s only 2 hours and 45 minutes every day, so it’s good. 

Here she was all ready to go

This is the expression she gave me when I told her to smile.

We all walked together as a family, which I was SO thankful for!

She grabbed his hand, which was very sweet.

Arriving at school

Waiting for the bell to ring

As I posted on Facebook, I didn’t get to see Kiera walk into her classroom as Blake took off on us (aka, we lost him), so I had to go look for him on the playground among the 100 other kids who were playing outside.  By the time I found him, Kiera was already inside.  So, I took my camera along on Day 2 of Kindergarten and took a picture of her in the line.  Her teacher is standing on the left.

School is going incredibly well.  Kiera already knows all the names of her classmates (I think there are about 18), she learned the whole national anthem and then figured it all out on the piano, with a little bit of help from me.  She is already getting much better at drawing people and she brings home a book of children's poems that we work on every day to help prepare her for learning how to read.  I’m volunteering in her classroom in 2 weeks, so then I’ll get to see more of what she does every day!  I praise God for this new chapter in our lives!

0 comments: