CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Smoothies Galore

Lately, I’ve been on a smoothie kick.  I LOVE them!  Last week Thursday, Jared went to McDonald’s.  They had their snack-size real fruit smoothies for $1, so he brought me back a mango pineapple one.  YUM!

McCafe-Mango-Pineapple-Smoothie

On Saturday, we were at the mall eating in the food court for lunch.  Before we left, I decided I wanted to buy a bubble tea to share with the kids, so I got green apple.  The key to a great bubble tea is to get ones that are made with syrup, not with powder.  Some of them use jello powder and I think it tastes so fake and almost gross.  This one was fantastic!  I forgot to ask for no pearls like I usually do, but they were ok.  Kiera thought they were “chocolate balls” so she liked them!

Green Apple Bubble Tea

On Monday, Jared and I got to go out on a date!  We went to a nearby coffee/dessert place that we had never been to together and I was thinking about getting gelati, but wasn’t pumped about the flavors they had.  I ended up getting a pina colada smoothie.  Mmmmmm!!

pina_colada_smoothie-61 

Yesterday, Jared surprised me by taking a day off, so we all went to the chiropractor, did a couple of errands and went to McDonald’s for lunch.   There was a Booster Juice right close by and I had brought my BOGO coupon along that I got off the back of a cereal box.  So, we got 2 large Booster Juices for the price of 1.  That’s the only time I can justify getting them because they are expensive, but SO good!  I got Strawberry Storm and Jared got Raspberry Rapture.

Booster Juice 2

They are definitely my favorite treat these days!  I’m really happy that I’ve been able to have so many different kinds from different places.  I wonder if I could find a job as a smoothie taste tester and then I could get paid to drink them instead of paying for them… If anyone hears about a job like that, let me know! :)

1 comments:

Kathy said...

I also love smoothies! I rarely buy them because they are so expensive. We make them at home all the time....except I always make the same kind, perhaps I should branch out and try some new flavours :)