CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 30, 2012

Dairy Farm Adventure

Kiera was going to Preschool at our church and we decided to end it early, at the end of March.  We decided to do a couple of field trips this Spring, so they had one at the beginning of April.  One of the Moms grew up on a dairy farm, so we went to her parents’ farm.  I have never really been on a dairy farm, so it was a new experience for me, too.  I took all 3 of my kids.  Blake was very unsure, Kiera was very interested and Haley was just bundled up in the stroller, fairly content.  Here Kiera is running to the barn

The first barn was full of calves

I have never seen that many calves in one place before

Feeding time

The next barn was full of big cows.  I must say the smell was horrendous

Can you say "butt ugly?”  Sorry, I had to say that.

Milking time…I had no idea this is how they’re milked.  They have a machine that measures how much milk is coming out, what percentage of the milking is done and it displays the cow’s number.  I couldn’t help but mentally compare it to breastfeeding.  A few differences there…

It was a beautiful morning on the farm!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought your "butt ugly" comment was humorous. I'm glad you got to experience that...brings back childhood memories.

Kathy said...

Ha ha...you crack me up! "Butt Ugly" *lol* Farming Fascinates me. If it wasn't so much work I would be a farmer :) Looks like a fun field trip!