CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

La-la-la-lasagna

I’ve now had a couple of people ask me for this recipe since I put it in one of my Facebook statuses recently.  It is one of my favorites, even though I can’t eat too much of it because of the pasta sauce. :(  Oh well! 

Slow Cooker Lasagna

1 lb. ground beef

1 jar pasta sauce

1 15 oz. container of ricotta cheese (I just use cottage cheese)

1 pkg (7 oz) mozzarella cheese (I sometimes use cheddar instead)

1/4 cup parmesan cheese, divided

1 egg

1 tsp. garlic

2 tbsp. parsley

6 lasagna noodles, uncooked

 

Brown meat.  Stir in pasta sauce. 

Mix ricotta, 1.5 cups mozzarella, 2 tbsp. parmesan, egg, garlic, and parsley separately.

Spoon 1 cup meat sauce into slow cooker, top with layers of half each of the noodles + cheese mixture.  Cover with 2 cups meat sauce.  Top with remaining noodles, cheese mixture, and meat sauce.

Cover + cook on low 4-6 hours (I do 6 hours).  Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella + parmesan cheeses + cover for 10 min.

lasagna

I can’t seem to make a really great lasagna in a pan, as the edges of the noodles usually end up crispy, so I MUCH prefer this recipe.  It’s the best slow cooker lasagna I’ve ever had and my family loves it, too!  It’s a winner!

1 comments:

Kathy said...

mmmm....sounds yummy! I think I might put it on the menu for next week. I like cooking with my slow cooker, but a few years ago I had a bad experience with pasta in the slow cooker and have been scared to try pasta again since then *lol*.