CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Cazuela Mexicana

I got this recipe from Jared’s aunt when we got married.  It’s another one that my whole family likes, but I can’t eat it because of the canned soups.  It’s also a great meal to make if you need to bring someone a meal.  It’s filling and tasty!

Mexican Casserole (that’s the English translation of the Spanish blog post title)

1.5 lbs. ground beef

1 medium onion

1 can cream of mushroom soup

1 can cream of chicken soup

2 cups cooked rice

10 oz. jar hot or mild sauce (I don’t add this because of my kids)

1 large bag taco chips

Shredded cheddar cheese

 

Brown beef.  Add onion.  Cook until onion is transparent.  Add soups, rice, and hot sauce.  Mixture will be very moist.  Layer in casserole or baking dish in following order: meat, taco chips and cheese; repeat.  Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes.

Optional: Serve with sour cream.

Another option:  Substitute diced turkey or chicken for beef.

I have also made it with chicken which is just as good.  I don’t have a picture, so you’ll have to use your imagination or try it out!

0 comments: