CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Chocolate, A Girl's Best Friend (or at least one of them)

I came across this recipe when searching for a new muffin recipe and I must say these are my new favorite muffins! I am definitely a fan! I just have to say how much I love spelt flour, too. It rises like regular flour and doesn't taste "healthy" like whole wheat flour does, but it doesn't bother the digestive system, either, which is perfect for me! I even used spelt flour in a chocolate chip cookie recipe recently and served them to guests and nobody could tell! JACKPOT (as my brother-in-law, Art, would say)! Here's the muffin recipe:

Chocolate Chip Muffins

1 3/4 cups flour
1/2 cup white sugar
3 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 cup chocolate chips
3/4 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
2 tbsp. white sugar
2 tbsp. brown sugar

1. Heat oven to 400F.
2. In a medium bowl, combine first 5 ingredients. In a small bowl, combine next 3 ingredients. Mix altogether.
3. Fill muffin cups + sprinkle each muffin with a combination of the 2 tbsp. white sugar and 2 tbsp. brown sugar.
4. Bake 20 min.

They are pretty sweet, so if you want them less sweet, then just don't sprinkle them with sugar. I LOVE sugar, so I use a combination of organic cane sugar which is a bit healthier and white sugar. Sugar + chocolate = wonderfulness!

0 comments: