On Saturday, I took Kiera out for the afternoon and when we got back home, she refused to go on the potty. She missed a much-needed nap and was screaming at the top of her lungs, so she went to bed early. We woke her up for church the next morning (yes, we had to wake her up after 14 hours of sleep) and again, she refused to go on the potty. In addition to that, Blake has been quite fussy lately and crying a lot. It seems like he saved up all the crying he didn't do in the first 8 months of his life and is now letting it all out. I think it might be a combination of teething and being frustrated because he wants to move around but hasn't figured out how to crawl yet. So, I arrived at church quite discouraged about these things. Then, one of the first songs we sung was this one called "The Joy of the Lord (Great Grace)":
I felt like I could have sung it all morning! My favorite part was:
You're so good to me, Lord
You're so good to me, Lord
You're so good to me, You're so good to me
You're so good to me, Lord
As we sung that, I would have jumped higher if I hadn't been holding Blake (yes, we go to a dancing church)! :) I was ashamed at how quickly I had forgotten God's goodness as I was focusing on these problems. God is bigger than my situation and no matter what, He is good to me! He totally encouraged me through that song and knew that was exactly what I needed to get my focus back on track! He filled me up with His joy as I was missing it. We got home from church and Kiera started going on the potty again with no issues! Blake has still been fussy, but I keep telling myself that "this too shall pass" and I need to enjoy the days instead of wishing them all away. Someday he'll be too big for me to hold him, so I need to cherish these times, fussy or not. I also realize that my problems are teeny tiny compared to so many other people's. It's amazing how much better things can be with an attitude change, even if the situation may not change. You're so good to me, Lord!
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
He's So Good!
Posted by Elleah at 10:19 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Elleah you have no idea how much I needed to read and hear your blog! Thanks for sharing...the part that really touched me was the "GREAT GRACE" part. His grace is sufficient!
Thanks for sharing the Truth! That was one moment in church that could have kept going :)
Post a Comment