CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 6, 2010

The Bachelorette Party

Last week Friday, I went to my friend’s bachelorette party.  Well, I went to the first half.  There was a scavenger hunt, supper, a lingerie shower, and then drinks after that.  I went for the scavenger hunt and a late supper and then I had to go home since I’m still breastfeeding and I get sick if I skip more than one feed.  So, I knew there was going to be a scavenger hunt and it said to bring a camera.  I thought, “Ok, so we’ll have a list of things to find and take a picture of.  No problem.”  We split up into 2 groups of 4 and they handed out the list.  I started reading the rules and thought, “What kind of a scavenger hunt is this?”  At the end of the rules it said, “NOTE: Each item must be completed with a different person/man.  No using the same man twice!”  Uh-oh.  Here are some of the things on the list that our group completed:

-Find a guy who will show you his belly button and take a picture of it.

-Get a picture of a team member dancing on a lamp post or road sign pole

-Get a piggy back ride from a stranger + take a photo (I did this one)

-Get a group shot imitating the Beatles crossing the crosswalk

-Get all but one member to form a word with their bodies standing or on the ground.  Bonus mark for getting a stranger to join in the word. (We spelled the word “hi” and got a stranger to join us)

-Get a picture of a teammate asking a random guy to marry her (must be on one knee)

-Get 5 single guys phone numbers

-Take a picture while a team member high fives a stranger

-Buy the largest pair of underwear you can find, get a teammate to put them on and take a picture in the middle of the street (I did this one in a mall parking lot and the underwear came down to my knees and some guy whistled at me)

-Get a picture of a urinal

-Obtain 5 men’s business cards

-Take a picture of a teammate being pushed down frozen food section in shopping cart (I went in the cart)

 

Some things on the list that we did NOT complete:

-Take a picture of a team member kissing a bald man on the head (we tried but the guy wouldn’t do it)

-Take a picture of the group with a fireman.  Bonus mark for one team member wearing a fireman hat.  Bonus mark for getting 4 or more firemen in the same photo

-Get a picture with a male police officer.  Bonus mark if they handcuff you for the picture

-Obtain a lawn ornament (you’re on your own if you get caught). (The other team took a road sign that said “Special Event” on it)

-Get a picture of a guy named Jeremy (we asked many guys if their name was Jeremy and we couldn’t find one)

-Get a guy to moon you.  Take a picture.  (Seriously? Gross!)

 

Ya, so that was interesting.  We went out for Thai food after and that was pretty good.  I’m not the hugest fan of Thai food but I had a big pile of fried rice with some vegetables in it which was good.  I pretty much always have a huge appetite (especially when I’m breastfeeding) but it was so much rice that I could only finish half of it.  It was fun to go out 2 evenings last week with a group of girls and without kids (the other evening was bridesmaid dress shopping)! 

3 comments:

Mom said...

I think is so nice if you get to go out and enjoy yourself once in a awhile without the kids. Thanks Jared. Love, Mom

Jenene said...

That sounds pretty fun! (Except for the mooning part.) I like that idea for a bachelorette party. Thai food is really good, although it really helps to go there with people who KNOW Thai food (like our friends who lived in Thailand!)

Kathy said...

wow! that's quite the list! Sounds like it was lots of fun