Last week, I headed south of the border with my boys for one night while Kiera stayed with her grandparents. She wouldn’t have enjoyed shopping and she’s always been a “I only sleep in a crib” kind of girl and hotels don’t have cribs. We had a good time, but it was a lot more work with Blake there. We’ve never gone with either of our kids by ourselves. We were constantly getting him in and out of the van and in and out of the stroller and stopping to feed him every couple of hours. I even took my nursing pillow into Denny’s to feed him while we ate lunch there! We found fantastic deals on clothes. I got 3 t-shirts: $7, $9, and $10. I also found a pair of jeans that fit me and they were $20. All of my jeans are loose on me because I’ve lost some extra weight due to breastfeeding which I hope to gain back once I’m done. We very much enjoyed spending time in the hot tub and watching American Idol on our laptop while Blake napped. We asked for a room closest to the hot tubs so that our baby monitor would reach. Here are Jared + Blake on the king bed
Blake did very well, but he got constipated, so that sucked. He woke up every couple of hours in the night trying to poop and not succeeding. I didn’t get very much sleep as I was concerned about him. As soon as we left the hotel the next morning, I went and got Blake some prune baby food and then he let ‘er rip! I’ve never been so happy to see a poopy diaper! We think that happened because we messed up his schedule. He has been fine ever since, thank the Lord! It was a nice little getaway in the middle of Jared’s 9 days of holidays! :)
4 comments:
Let me guess... You stayed in the Comon Inn??? lol. I can tell by the bed set. We stayed there on the long weekend also!!!
Aw! Poor guy! I'm glad you guys got to get away for a little bit.
I'm glad you got a break at least kinda...it would have been a whole lot more work if you had taken little Miss Kiera!! I was happy to have her for the day. Love Mom.
Post a Comment