CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Mystery Solved?

Last week, Blake slept quite poorly. He was up 3 times a night, usually about every 2 hours for 5 nights in a row. It started the night before he started rice cereal, so I tried switching up the time of day I would feed him cereal, but nothing made a difference, so it wasn't that. I prayed about it and suddenly God gave me an idea. I had been swaddling him, but he kept getting his right arm out, so then I started swaddling him with just his left arm in and his right arm out. Then, he started getting his left arm out, so I stopped wrapping his arms. I felt like I should try swaddling him with just his left arm in again, so Saturday night I started doing that and he has slept well 3 nights in a row, including sleeping through the night last night! I'm not sure why that makes such a difference, other than the fact that the chances of hitting himself in the face and waking himself up are reduced by 50%. In the last month, I've also started to lay my hands on him and pray for him every night before I leave his room. I'm really thankful for more solid sleep! :D

2 comments:

Mom said...

Hi Elleah...so glad your prayers made a difference in Blake's sleeping habits! See you soon. Love Mom.

Jenene said...

Swaddling just his left arm. Interesting. I'm glad you're solving the mystery! I pray he starts sleeping much better.