CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 14, 2010

Colds, Colds, Go Away!

This week has been challenging for me.  Kiera has had a cold, or maybe multiple colds, for 6 weeks now.  On the week-end, both Blake and I got colds as well.  Lately, my prayer is that God would humble me and He is and it’s not fun.  I used to be so proud that my kids hardly ever got sick while other friends’ kids were getting sick often, and now Kiera has had a marathon cold and my 6-month-old has a worse cold than her.  I decided that enough was enough and that I would, for the most part, stay off the internet until we’re all better.  It’s been a big struggle and I’ve realized how addicted to facebook I am.  I really want to spend more time with Jesus than I do in front of the computer.  Even now, I’m using a program called Windows Live Writer to type and post this blog post, so I don’t even have to go online.  I have felt quite isolated not knowing what’s going on in my friends’ lives.  I didn’t go to Mom’s group this past week, I cancelled a play date, and I cancelled a get together with my cousin whom I haven’t seen since Christmas and meeting her 7-week-old baby for the first time all because we’re sick and don’t want to pass it on to anyone else.  I’m so thankful that a friend came over on Tuesday evening and my Mom came on Wednesday and brought supper while Jared was working 2 jobs that day from 7 a.m. – 11 p.m.  He is going down to one shift a week at his part-time job, so now he will just work one week-end shift every week.  YAY!  It also makes parenting more challenging when I’m not feeling well plus my kids are not feeling well.  Kiera’s cough is almost gone now, praise the Lord!  Blake + I are still struggling with it.  If you think of us, could you please pray for good health?  Thanks so much!

4 comments:

June said...

Elleah honey....I love you. Don't get discouraged, you are a great mom, and you've made me some beautiful grandbabies!!! Thanks for last night! *kiss & hug*
mom2

Allison said...

I will pray.

Kat said...

That sucks! I hope that you will all be healthy soon!

Sheila said...

Oh I've recently been there, battleing those neverending cold/coughs with me and my boys! I think they'd had a cough from beginning of February to the end of March! Its tough!
I'll keep you guys in prayer!