CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Kiera + Blake

Here's a short video of Kiera meeting her brother for the very first time.

It was very interesting when Kiera came to the hospital. Blake had too much mucous in him and that was causing him to choke at times and he didn't want to eat properly, so they took him out of the room to give him saline water which cleared out his stomach. They started to take him out of the room and Kiera yelled, "NOOOOOO!!" I said, "It's ok. He'll come right back." Then once he was out of the room, she started crying! It seemed as if she knew this was our baby because she has never reacted that way before to any other baby. I'm so glad she loves him!

The health nurse came today and weighed him and he is now heavier than his birth weight! He weighs 8 lbs. 3 oz. I'm so glad my breast milk is good! Last night, he was only up twice to feed at 1:30 and 6:00, so I got 9 hours of sleep! Praise the Lord for His goodness + mercy! We also weighed Kiera and she is 28 lbs. She is so big and heavy compared to Blake! I'm so thankful for healthy children. :)

7 comments:

Kat said...

My heart just melted. So adorable.

Jamie said...

That's so neat for me seeing you in the hospital; I so remember that excitement of getting to know your baby and showing him off to everyone, most importantly your family!

Mom said...

Yes it was interesting to see Kiera's reaction to the baby. I'm so thankful for two wonderful, healthy grandchildren! Nana

Jenn D. said...

Wow Elleah, there is such a sense of 'peace' and 'awe' in that video... it actually gave me goose bumps!! Congratulations... he is beautiful!

Jenene said...

Aww, what a precious video. I'm so glad she loves her brother.

Sheila said...

What an amazing moment that must have been for you, Elleah! Very special!

Roo said...

super sweet! that was so exciting for me too...to introduce shiloh to her new sister! xoxo