Things don't always go as planned. I had a bladder infection for over 2 months that I was finally healed of and I thought, "Great! Now it's smooth sailing 'til the end of my pregnancy." Well, I just had another doctor's appt. today and she had the results of my blood work. Nothing is for sure, but my blood sugar levels are a bit high, so I have to go back for another 2-hour test to see if I have gestational diabetes. That is SO discouraging for me and I pray the results come back all good. I just feel like it's been one thing after another with this pregnancy and it's so hard to not ask, "Why God?" I just need to remind myself that people have gone through MUCH worse and I can praise God that I have a healthy baby growing inside of me. I also get a morning out by myself...at the hospital (I'm trying to look on the bright side). I'm just so thankful that I only have 10 weeks of pregnancy left and then I hopefully won't have to deal with these kinds of things anymore. At the same time, I'm getting nervous at the thought of having 2 kids since Kiera keeps me PLENTY busy and I also wonder, "When am I going to sleep if my baby doesn't sleep at night and doesn't nap at the same time as Kiera or what if Kiera drops her nap?" Again, I have to go to the Lord and trust Him. His grace is always sufficient in every situation and it doesn't help to worry about these things ahead of time. "What if's" can rob me of so much joy. Are there people still reading this? I've gotten very few comments lately, so I'm just wondering. If nothing else, this can be a journal for me + my family and that's good, too. :) Oh, and if you could pray for my blood test tomorrow, I would REALLY appreciate that!
Monday, August 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I will pray that everything turns out for you. I had the same worries about having the second child. It's not easy at times but you adjust to what is given to you
My apologies for the lack of comments. Sometimes, I just don't have anything to say! :)
And of course I will pray for your blood test tomorrow. The good news is, even if the results say diabetes, it's easily remedied with a little diet adjustment. You WILL be okay!
Yes, Elleah my prayers go with you as you go for your blood work tomorrow. I pray for good results and peace of mind for you!
Of course I still read your blog :) I'm just more of a blog stalker then a commenter *lol*...
This baby must be a boy...causing trouble already ;)....j/k
And time you want to borrow Eva to practice the two child thing you're more then welcome too! I'm sure you and Jared continue to be great parents when baby #2 arrives and will make it through the transition.
You'll do fine with two kids! Even if the first little bit is tough learning to adjust, you'll find a new normal, get into a routine, and you won't even remember what life was like with one child.
praying!
I couldn't imagine having two either... somehow it just works out. Kiera will very suddenly grow up when the baby is born. When I had a baby I would always get the baby to sleep in the afternoon, and THEN put the toddler to sleep. The baby isn't predictable enough to do it the other way around.
I'm glad your blood work came back clear. Keep hanging in there. Blessings!
Post a Comment