CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Way to a Woman’s Heart is Through Her Stomach?

Yesterday, Jared + I went out on a little date. We went out for wings since a nearby restaurant has cheap wing night on Wednesdays. It’s a place with both a restaurant + a bar. We were going to eat in the restaurant, but then we found out that the price ($0.35 a wing) only applied in the bar, so we ate in there. Normally I don’t like bars, but this one is much more like a large restaurant, plus everyone there was there for the wings at 7 p.m., so I didn’t mind. The waitress made my day. She came up to our table and asked me, “Are you 18?” I burst out laughing and asked, “Are you serious?” She said yes and then I asked her if she wanted to see some i.d. and she said yes. I couldn’t believe it! I said, “I’m 25,” and then I handed her my driver’s license. She looked at it and said, “Wow, you’re not even lying!” I feel like I’ve aged a bit especially since having Kiera, so that was a compliment! I had 3 different flavors of hot wings and thoroughly enjoyed them! I hadn’t been out for wings since I was pregnant with Kiera, so that was a treat! Normally, I have a big appetite when pregnant, but on Sunday at the lake, it was larger than usual. For supper, I had 2 hamburgers (the patties were small), a hot dog, 2 pieces of watermelon, and 2 pieces of strawberry squares for dessert! I couldn’t believe how much I ate! I love food!

6 comments:

Lisa Clark said...

you can probably eat 3 times what I eat and are half my size. How is that fair? ;)

Anonymous said...

That is funny...you can't pass for 18! Like daughter like mother or is it like mother like daughter? You'll enjoy it even more as the years go by! Love you, you young looking girl.

Mom said...

Oops...I was going to sign my name to the last comment. Just in case you didn't guess it's your mother commenting.

Jamie said...

You and me both--I love to eat too! I haven't been for wings since I was pregnant with Landon--that's over five years ago! You made me want to go again!

Sheila said...

Thats awesome she thought you were so young!!

i went shopping once for face cleanser and i had a lady helping me, and she asked "How old are you?...30?" (i guess for age specific face cleansers) Umm no how about 24!! Of course i was too nice to say anything mean. But seriously 30??

Roo said...

haha LOVE IT!!! you are making me hungry!