Jared is on holidays right now for a week, so since we spent most of our money on finishing our basement this year, we went to the States for 2 nights from Saturday – Monday for our summer vacation. We went with my parents and got a SWEET deal on the hotel, thanks to my Mom who had a coupon. The regular price on week-ends is $90 and weekday is $70. Our coupon was for $70 on the week-end and $55 on the weekday and they graciously applied it to both rooms! We were there for Independence Day and got to see a great fireworks show! Kiera loved them and kept saying, “Pretty! Ya? Wow!” So cute!
Of course, we did a bit of clothes shopping, too. I got a black skirt for $12 (it’s one size up from what I usually buy and it has an elastic waist with a tie, so I can wear it while pregnant)
and the purple dress shirt was half off, so it was $3.50!! The green shirt was $8 since I had a 20% off coupon.
I found a summer dress that I fell in love with, but I didn’t really have the cash for it. My Mom wanted to buy me a dressy top, but instead she gave me $25 toward the dress and it was on sale for $30 (down from $40). Thank you Mom! I took a bit of a risk since it’s not a maternity dress, but I’m counting on losing all of my pregnancy weight again and it’s a size small which is what I usually am. I will make it work! The picture doesn’t show it properly, but the polka dots are light blue and white.
I didn’t have a watch, so I found a cheap pretty one for $12 at Target. I love that it has sparkly jewels in it!
Kiera wasn’t too sure about the pool at first, but eventually we got her partially in.
Kiera got tired of always being in the stroller while shopping, so Jared let her get out and push the stroller. That didn’t work for very long. :)
She also wanted to drive the car.
On the way home we saw a rainbow which always reminds me of God’s promise.
Kiera doesn’t really nap in the car unless she’s WAY overtired, so she finally fell asleep 10 minutes before we got home.
It was a great vacation, Kiera slept well in a play pen in a “strange place,” and we got fantastic deals!
6 comments:
Sounds great! LOVE that dress!
Love the dress!
I enjoy reading your blog.
We had a good weekend with you "guys". It helps to make me happy, knowing my kids are happy! Glad we got all the deals we did. Enjoy the rest of your time with Jared being off work. Love Mom.
I'm glad you had such a great weekend. That makes two of us!
Sounds like you all had fun! Cute clothes!
Those pics in the pool with babelet are WAY too cute!!!! Love it!
mom 2
Post a Comment