CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A Day of Strange Sights

Yesterday morning and this morning, I woke up to this:














In this picture there are 32 black birds in our backyard and there were more that I didn't get in the picture, so I think there were close to 50. Apparently our house is the new hot spot for black birds or maybe they were having a schnetje conference, I don't know. I probably totally spelled that wrong, but it's a low german word that I think means a gab fest or a gossip fest. Something along those lines. Maybe our yard is packed full of juicy worms, which I would rather not think about.

2nd strange sight of the day which I didn't get a picture of and you will all thank me: my friend and I were walking through the mall right before we were going to see a movie and a group of people walked by us. My jaw dropped and I turned to my friend and asked, "Did I just see what I thought I saw?" and she was like, "Ummm...ya!" There was a lady holding her baby while walking and breastfeeding the baby at the same time with everything hanging out for the world to see! I was totally shocked! I have no problem with breastfeeding a baby in public as long as everything is COVERED! If she didn't have anything along to cover herself, she could have at least gone to the family bathrooms and fed her baby there instead of walking around the whole mall like that. I understand as a mom who breastfed my daughter for 8 months how you get really comfortable and used to having them out quite often, but people in public just shouldn't be seeing that. On a more pleasant note, my friend and I went to see Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants 2 which I really enjoyed! I had a huge smile on my face at the end and I love when movies make me smile like that, especially at the end. So, it was a happy ending to an otherwise unusual day.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats awesome that you got to see the sequel,Im thinking Im going to need to rent the first one,while I still have time off,and check it out! :)