CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 11, 2008

Chicken and the Donut Man

I got up and shared this story in church yesterday, even though I really didn't want to, but God told me to (we have a sharing time every Sunday where you can share Scripture or say what the Lord has laid on your heart or done in your life). I was arguing with God and then I said, "Ok, I'll share it if someone else goes up and shares something first," and then of course, another girl got up to share something, so then I had to. We are on a very tight grocery budget right now because we're trying to live as much as we can on Jared's income in preparation for my maternity leave ending this fall and the fact that I'm not going back to work if possible. We were almost out of chicken breast and I like to buy the big 4kg boxes when they're on sale, but they don't go on sale extremely often. I refuse to pay full price, so I prayed that God would make them go on sale somewhere soon. A day or 2 later, I was checking through the grocery flyers I get in the mail, and wouldn't you know, chicken is 25% off this week at Sobeys. I was blown away how God cares about the little things and that He provides what we need.

On another note, we have no children's music for Kiera, so I decided to see if I could find some Donut Man c.d.'s for her. Did anyone else listen to the donut man when they were young? They put Bible verses to songs, so it's a GREAT way for kids (and adults) to memorize Scripture and there's usually a little story to go along with the song. I found 2 c.d.'s (volumes 1 + 2) for $7.49 each plus $3.00 shipping for each on Amazon. I wanted to see which songs were on there, so I googled it and another website came up and they had both those c.d.'s brand new for $5.77 each plus $3.98 shipping altogether! I found them on http://bookschristian.com I'm excited about that!












I feel very blessed by God's faithfulness! He is our ultimate provider. :)

1 comments:

Danae said...

that's great... when God answers those simple requests it's just another affirmation of his reality and ability to answer even bigger requests :)