CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Travel Back in Time

Jared and I had the privilege of travelling around Europe together during my Christmas break from Capernwray in 2004. This is us at the Parthenon in Athens, Greece



















In Athens, we also got locked inside a gated park (someone had left the door open, but then came and locked it once we were inside) and we had to climb over a tall iron fence to get out. I thought the police were going to come hunt us down and arrest us, but thankfully that didn't happen.

We celebrated New Year's in Interlaken, Switzerland



















by going to sleep at 9:00 p.m. since Jared had a raging fever. We set our alarms for midnight, woke up for 2 seconds to say, "Happy New Year," then went back to sleep. We had our first slow dance in St. Mark's Square in Venice at night. There was a restaurant there with the windows open and a pianist was playing soft, romantic music (sigh...aww)



















We saw the most amazing cathedral (the Duomo Cathedral) in Milan, Italy and this picture doesn't even come close to capturing its size and magnificence



















and we got a tour of the Colosseum in Rome which was indescribable as stories were told of the people who died there

Outside


















Inside

















We ended up back at Capernwray where Jared got to see "the castle" which was my school



















and he met my beloved friends from around the world



















I could tell many more stories, but the pictures are worth 1000 words, so I'll leave it at that. Where is the farthest place or one of the biggest adventures you have been on with your significant other?

3 comments:

Jamie said...

That looks like so much fun!!! Glad you could do that together!

Mark and I went to Orlando for our honeymoon, and it was a blast going on all the rides. We've had many adventures together, including camping and me going with him on a trip in the truck once. Like you said, too many stories to tell them all!

Jenene said...

Art and I went to California. Separately. But we were there together. Woot. :) Biggest adventure? I'd have to say our whole relationship, thus far. In 79 days, I'll be able to say something different.

Allison said...

i love that you have those great memories with jared! josh and i feel so blessed to have met at capernwray and have so many great experiences and travels together.