I recently started a new way of reading and studying the Bible that I am super pumped about, so I wanted to share it with y’all (sometimes I like to talk like an American). I tend to be a very goal-oriented person and for years, since I was a teenager, my goal has always been to read the Bible from cover to cover each year. I don’t think there is any right way or wrong way to read the Bible but I recently decided to change it up. My friends were telling me a few weeks ago about this website called http://ifequip.com. It’s just one short passage of Scripture every day (right now we’re working our way through Acts) Monday-Friday and at the end of the passage there is the same daily question: If you believe this is true, what does this mean about:
God?
You?
The world?
I read the passage along with the footnotes of my study Bible so that I can get as much out of it as possible and then I journal the answers to those questions. At the end of it, there is a 2-minute video clip of 2 Christian women discussing what they got out of it (example: Matt Chandler’s wife, Angie Smith, Lisa Harper who is a Christian author, etc.). I am getting SO much more out of it than trying to read 4 chapters of the Bible every day without stopping to think about what I’m reading or how it might apply to me. The whole thing takes 10-15 minutes, so it’s very doable time-wise. I still am reading other parts of my Bible some days, especially on the week-ends, but I feel like my soul is being fed in a different way by chewing over small pieces instead of trying to inhale huge chunks at a time. There are several of us ladies from church that are doing this but it is open to any and all! :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment