Since Jared got a new job in May, this past Saturday was our first time going to the Christmas party. His boss always rents a room at a fancy steak restaurant. So, I spent 2 hours triple barrelling my hair, put on the dress I wore as my sister’s matron of honor over 4 years ago and away we went. We stopped at a couple of stores on our way there and it was kind of fun to have people turn and look at us. I haven’t gotten that since I was pregnant! Supper got started almost right after we got there and it was a 5 course dinner! First there was cheese garlic bread and regular garlic bread. I totally went for the cheesy one. Round 2 was a choice of appetizer and Jared + I both chose baby back ribs. Delicious! Round 3 was soup or salad and we both chose caesar salad. That was the only part that actually tasted a little bit funny. Not sure why but it was different than other caesar salads I’ve had. Round 4 was the main course and we both picked filet mignon. That was my first time having that kind of steak and I have to say it was the best steak I’ve ever had. I went for medium this time (I've often asked for medium well) and it was absolutely delicious! Round 5 was either berry cheesecake or some sort of super rich chocolate ganache cake. Jared picked the cheesecake, so I decided to try the chocolate. It was WAY too rich. I ate most of it because I felt bad leaving it on my plate, but I think I paid for that the next day, as my stomach felt off the whole day. I couldn’t even eat any food at our Christmas gathering yesterday! Oh well.
After supper, they had an absolutely hilarious magician do a really great show! His website is Anders Magic. I was laughing the whole time! He caught me texting and made me go up to the front, which was really embarrassing. I had to pick an animal cracker from a box, not show him and then he would draw whichever animal was in my hand. Jared told me later that all of his animals were the same and then after I would tell the audience what was in my hand, he would quickly add a couple of things to make it the right animal, which I didn’t realize. I got to take home a picture of a giraffe, which my kids love!
Tickets were pulled all evening for prizes that Jared’s boss bought, but our tickets didn’t get pulled. There were a couple of $100 restaurant gift cards, a couple of $300 hotel gift cards, a $500 gift card for a mall, an iPad mini, some other really nice things and a couple of gag gifts. At the end, every employee gets the same gift and we got a 2-night stay at a hotel with a water park in a city a few hours away! We’re thinking of leaving Haley with someone, since she wouldn’t enjoy or appreciate it and taking Kiera + Blake for a week-end some time in the new year. We were so blessed to have such a great evening and to be given a wonderful gift!
0 comments:
Post a Comment