CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Waiting For Answers

At the beginning of December, my eyes suddenly got bloodshot. I stopped wearing contact lenses, thinking that my eyes just needed a break for a couple of days. My eyes weren't clearing up and they felt uncomfortable, so then I thought, "Oh, I must have pink eye." I went and bought some Polysporin and it didn't clear them up. I figured I would look into natural products, so I went to the health food store and bought Colloidal Silver. I also started putting breast milk into my eye with an eye dropper. Neither of those worked, so then I went to the doctor and got prescription eye drops. That was right before Christmas and they didn't work. I couldn't see a doctor between Christmas and New Year's and during that time I started experiencing pain in my eyes, so early in January, I went back to the doctor. They said there was one last prescription eye drop I could try with a steroid in it, so I tried it. It did nothing. Around this time, the pain stopped, but turned into intermittant pressure behind my eyes. So, the next step was seeing my optometrist. I saw her and she said there was no surface damage on my eye and the pressure in my eyes measured normal, so she wanted me to try artificial tears and go back to the doctor to get checked for a sinus infection. The artificial tears did nothing and I went to the doctor and he said my sinuses were clear. At this point, I just really wanted to get referred to a specialist, so I called my optometrist and she said she had to see me again before referring me. So, that was my 5th appointment between doctors and my optometrist and she finally referred me yesterday! Praise the Lord! She said it could take 2-3 months to get in, so while they were calling right in front of me, I started praying it would be sooner. My appointment is in one month, so that is another answer to prayer!! I have had 2 reflexology treatments from my Mom's friend and that seems to make the pressure go away for a couple of days, but then it has returned. Chiropractor adjustments also seem to help for a couple of days, but again, it has come back. So, I don't know if it's just an eye problem or a nerve problem or just due to the stress of having 3 young kids and having to hold Haley a lot. I'm tired of wearing my glasses and would love to be able to wear my contact lenses again and for things to feel normal. We'll see what the specialist has to say and in the meantime, I will continue to pray for healing.
At Christmastime, I got prayer for my digestion problems and they totally went away...for a few weeks. At the beginning of January, I started getting random tingling in various parts of my body, which were freaking me out. I told God I would rather have stomach problems than tingling and after getting adjusted at the chiropractor and starting to exercise a bit, the tingling went away and then a week or 2 later, my digestion problems started again. It's under control as long as I stay on track with my eating. So, it's been an interesting and slightly frustrating start to the New Year for me. Before Christmas, God gave me the word He has for me this year. In 2010, it was thanks and in 2011 it was trust. This year's word is joy. I have come to realize that joy is not dependent on my circumstances being perfect. My joy is in Jesus and continuing to praise Him no matter what situation I'm in. It's something I'll be learning for the rest of my life. I was reminded on Sunday that Jesus is my life and if I have Jesus, I have all I need. That totally challenged me as I often don't live that way. There are many people and things I think I need. So, these are the things I am dealing with and thinking about.
I made it easier to comment on my blog now, in case you want to. You don't have to sign in anymore. I ran out of deep thoughts, so that's all for now!

0 comments: