CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 4, 2011

A Special Afternoon

I am behind on blog posts and I hope to catch up before the baby comes, but I guess we’ll see what happens!  During Jared’s holidays in July, my Mom took Blake for the afternoon while we surprised Kiera with an afternoon at a place with rides!  She has been asking to go there since she went last summer, so we finally went again.  We didn’t tell her where we were going until we got there and she had a blast!  Last year, she was a bit young and not confidant enough to try a lot of rides, but this year she did WAY better!  Her favorite ride was still the fish, which she went on about 25 times.  She switched fish each time because she wanted to try the different colors, which I thought was cute!

She only went in the little car a couple of times this year

Last year, she was too scared on the merry-go-round, but this year she was fine as long as either Jared or I were standing beside her.  We didn’t have to hold on to her, but just be next to her.

First time rides this year:

The airplanes

The helicopters (by pulling the bar, she went way up high)

The ladybugs

and the swings

This year, there were WAY less people there, so there was rarely a line-up at any of the rides, which is why she could go on over and over if she wanted to!  We packed a picnic lunch and had a really great time just the 3 of us.  Next year, we will bring Blake, too, and get someone to watch the baby, who will be a year old by then!  Crazy thought!  Oh, and she really was happy to be there, even though she’s only smiling in one picture.  Leaving was no problem, too, because Jared told her we were going to get ice cream, which we did! :)

1 comments:

Mom said...

Yes I noticed the lack of smiles, but cute pictures anyway! I want me some of them or all of them!