CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 31, 2011

Life + Death

My heart is heavy today as I write this. We know a couple who just had a son. He was their first full-term pregnancy. During the pregnancy, it was discovered that part of his brain and skull were missing. So, we started praying, along with many others, for a miracle. Most of the time, these babies are born stillborn. Well, he was born alive on Saturday, which was a miracle! We continued to pray and yesterday, 23 hours later, he went to be with Jesus. I don't know why. I'm not going to point fingers at God because He didn't answer the way I wanted Him to. This couple's faith has been so strong and trusting in the Lord the whole time. They have been an incredible testimony to those around them. I don't see the big picture, so I don't know why God says yes sometimes and not other times. I know that He is still good and still sovereign. I know that the baby is totally healed now and he will never know pain + suffering on this earth. Jesus will hold him until they get to meet him again. It really puts things into perspective for me as we've had ongoing problems we've been dealing with, but they're really teeny tiny compared to what this couple is going through. Yes, Kiera threw a huge, long tantrum last night when it was time for bed, but she is alive and well, so who cares! Yes, Blake gets into EVERYTHING these days and keeps me incredibly busy, but again, he's alive and healthy, so those things aren't a big deal! I would encourage you to hug your family members or friends today and thank God that they're alive. He has each of our days numbered and I trust that He knows best. I don't want to die yet, but I'm really looking forward to spending forever with Jesus where there is no more pain, no more suffering, no more sickness and no more tears!

3 comments:

Jacki said...

Good post - I hear you. Their situation has put some much needed perspective on my circumstances, too. Jesus is already using Shaun's life to change others. :)

Mom said...

God is good...all the time!! Yes there are things we don't understand and yes this couple's loss does put other lesser problems and difficulties into perspective. I pray that this couple will find Jesus to be their comfort and peace throughout the coming days, weeks, months, and years!

Allison said...

Well written Elleah.