CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Life At Our House

Life sure is busy with 2 kids, as you may have noticed with my less-frequent blogging (and all the people with 3 or 4 kids are probably laughing at me). I feel like it's not as much of a constant juggling act (most days) as it was at first. Kiera has gotten better behaved while I'm busy with Blake and often brings me books to read to her while I'm feeding him. One thing that was hard for me this week is that Kiera has not had an afternoon nap since Sunday. I think napping might be over for her. :( On the bright side, she goes to bed earlier now (8:00 as opposed to between 9:00 + 10:00) and she still sleeps in 'til between 10 and 11 a.m. She also plays nicely downstairs by herself in the afternoons for short periods of time. I leave the door open so I can hear her and check on her frequently and it allows me to have some quiet time by myself providing Blake naps during that time. My life is so not exciting these days, but I love it! Last week, I only left the house twice during the week and both times were to go grocery shopping. I think that's a bit pathetic. This week is much better in regards to activities outside of the house! I did make a wonderful discovery at the grocery store last week, though. I discovered that Dole makes pina colada juice! I got the Magic Bullet blender for my birthday from my mom, so I have been making virgin pina colada drinks with it! I found a recipe online and modified it and it tastes wonderful! Here it is:

1 cup pina colada juice
1/3 cup milk
2 tbsp. white sugar
2 ice cubes

Blend and serve! That's for one drink. It's been a little taste of summer during the winter. Who needs to go to Mexico? Ok, so Mexico would still be very nice! :)

Yesterday, Kiera gave her pony about 10 time outs. She put it behind the curtains in the living room. Today, it's Winne the Pooh's turn to get time outs. I love how her imagination is growing! She's becoming quite entertaining! Considering we only have one t.v. channel that works, we watch Kiera instead. She's playing with a candle right now (an unlit one...don't freak out on me), so I better go!

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Alrighty, so I'm getting my blender!!!

Mom said...

Oh Kiera, you are so funny! I guess as long as she's relatively happy without her nap time I guess it's okay for her not to sleep during the day. Do you still put her in her crib for awhile? Love you all, Mom