The drive home always seems harder than the drive there. In this case, it helped that we broke up the driving into 2 days instead of driving through the night like we did on the way to Branson. Our first day of driving was shorter (I think around 7 hours) and there was beautiful scenery! I LOVE all of the green hilliness.
We hit Kansas City, Missouri, after about 4 hours of driving.
We stopped in Harrisonville, Missouri, for lunch, where I tried the new rotisserie chicken sub at Subway. Then it was on to our stop for the night in Omaha, Nebraska.
We arrived in Omaha, Nebraska at 4:30 and we went straight to my favorite restaurant for supper....CHEESECAKE FACTORY!!!! What a wonderful way to end a day of driving!
I had chicken tacos which were good.
I ended my meal with salted caramel cheesecake!
We got a good deal on this hotel room that had a hide-a-bed in the couch, so there was enough room for all of us.
The pool room wasn't huge and it was packed! I'm not sure if there was a family gathering or something but there were a whole bunch of people who all seemed to know each other and I remember that we were the only white people there. It was noisy but the kids enjoyed swimming after the day of driving. They finished the rest of their movie that they had been watching in the van and then it was time for bed!
0 comments:
Post a Comment