CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Winter Adventures

I've gotten behind on blogging again, so here's my attempt to catch up! In January, we attempted to make Baymax. I later discovered that black food coloring runs all over the place when the weather gets warmer, so Baymax ended up looking like some scary space alien a few days later. I enjoy watching my kids play games together, when they're getting along and one isn't crying about losing. Spot It and Trouble are games that Haley can play and she enjoys them. I like Haley's form as she gets ready to pop the Trouble bubble. Enjoying some Daddy/daughter time...not sure what Kiera was doing with her shirt...

Haley decided she wanted hair like Vanellope von Schweetz from Wreck-It Ralph (which I don't think she has even watched), so I put a bunch of accessories in her hair instead of candy like the cartoon character.

In February, Kiera went to a birthday party where they hired the same face painter that we had at our house last summer and she got to take home a stuffed kitty. Can you guess the theme?!

February long week-end we decided to get away to Grand Forks for one night after finding a $70/night deal. We stayed at the Expressway Suites, which is a really nice hotel that's only 2 years old and it's across from the CanadInns. We ended up going across the street to the CanadInns waterpark for the afternoon. Unfortunately, our van got a flat tire right as we were arriving, so Jared had to spend time going to get that fixed while I was with the kids at the waterpark. He was able to join us for the last couple of hours and we were thankful that there was a tire shop open on a Sunday on Valentine's Day! There was also a BOGO deal at Qdoba's where we went for lunch plus kids eat free on Sundays at the Green Mill, so our lunch and supper on Sunday were quite discounted!

The rooms are quite spacious and the couch had a hide-a-bed.

The kids woke up bright and early on Monday morning, so we headed down to the continental breakfast around 7:30. They have the best free hotel breakfast I've ever had! Waffles with the options of syrup, whipped cream, strawberries, raspberries and blueberries, English muffins, sausage, scrambled eggs, bacon, yogurt, fruit, cereal, pastries, oatmeal...I might be missing a few things but it was fantastic! After breakfast, the kids wanted to go straight to the pool, so we were the first ones in there at 8:30 a.m. There were color changing lights in both the pool and the hot tub, so the kids enjoyed that. The pool isn't huge but the hot tub is quite spacious. We went to Rhombus Guys for lunch on Monday before heading home. They have quite possibly the best pizza we've ever had! We've been there several times and have never been disappointed! I also like that the whole table is covered with paper, so the kids can draw to their hearts content while waiting for the pizza. The kids were exhausted and 2 of them conked out on the way home.

My Mom kindly had us over for supper before we went home and we managed to do this whole 500-piece puzzle while we were there, which began our journey of doing puzzles regularly!

Spring might actually be on its way soon (maybe) but I will try to blog again soon (maybe)! ;)

0 comments: