CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Derksens Do Disney - Part 2

After the 3:00 parade, we headed over to Adventureland.

IMG_6682

I loved the trees with the big yellow blossoms!

IMG_6683

Even the plants by the garbage cans were beautiful!

IMG_6684

We went on the Magic Carpets of Aladdin twice, since there was no line-up.  Haley talked about it a lot after we had walked by it earlier in the day, saying that she wanted to go on the “beds.”  It took us quite a while to figure out what she was talking about.

IMG_6686-1

The view from the ride

IMG_6687

We went up the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse

IMG_6690

IMG_6693

I couldn’t believe the size of the leaves!

IMG_6698

IMG_6700

We saw these American White Ibis birds at the resorts we stayed at as well as at Disney.

IMG_6701

Everywhere we went there were squirrels (and little lizards)!

IMG_6703

IMG_6705

It was a bit strange walking around in +28, high humidity and Christmas decorations everywhere.  I think I could get used to it but it definitely didn’t feel like it was getting close to Christmas!

IMG_6706

After Adventureland, we walked past the castle to Tomorrowland.

IMG_6707

Again, the colors were breathtaking!

IMG_6709

Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin was the other ride that we waited 45 minutes for.  It actually started to drizzle while we were standing in line outside but it was so hot outside that it didn’t matter, plus we were covered by the roofline most of the time.

IMG_6710

We caught the end of the Frozen show, when Elsa throws up her hands and turns the castle into “ice!”  The last time Jared and I were at Magic Kingdom, we were only there in the morning (we had a park hopper ticket), so we had never seen the castle all lit up!  I thought it was SO beautiful!

IMG_6711

We used 2 extra FastPasses in the evening after using up our first 3 earlier in the day and went on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride.

IMG_6713

The castle changed colors throughout the evening, which was gorgeous!

IMG_6714 

IMG_6717

At 9:00, we watched the Main Street Electrical Parade.  I thought the floats with all the lights were really great but I didn’t enjoy the “electrical” music.

IMG_6724

IMG_6732

IMG_6738

IMG_6744

IMG_6751

IMG_6753

IMG_6754

The fireworks started at 10:00, but we had one last FastPass to use, so we quickly raced back over to Tomorrowland, which was right close by, and I took Blake and Haley in a go-cart on the Tomorrowland Speedway while Jared took Kiera on Space Mountain, probably the most intense roller coaster at Magic Kingdom as it is in the dark.  Their ride was malfunctioning and they almost didn’t get on it in time, but they did at 9:50 and then we all ran over to the castle to catch the fireworks.  We made it just in time and it was incredible!  Tinkerbell flew over the crowd and the way they synchronize the fireworks with the music is just spectacular!  It was a great ending to a very long and wonderful day!

IMG_6766

Haley fell asleep in the stroller but woke up when we got on the Monorail to get back to our vehicle.  We were all tired but happy!

IMG_6772

0 comments: