We decided to do Disney’s Magic Kingdom park on the Monday after we arrived (less than 48 hours after we landed) due to Magic Kingdom’s Christmas hours. 4 days of the week they close early at 7:00 and have Mickey’s Christmas Party, which is a separate paid event and costs almost as much as a full day at the park. So, we wanted to pick a day where the park was open until 11:00 p.m. and decided on the Monday. We picked our FastPasses almost a month beforehand, which worked out well! I have to split this into 2 blog posts because of the amount of pictures I took!
When we got to Magic Kingdom, it was sunny with a high of +31. By about 10 a.m., the kids were already complaining about the heat. Thankfully, it clouded over, plus when waiting for a ride inside a building, there was air conditioning, so it was all good.
It really was a dream come true to be able to take our kids to Disney World! I thought we wouldn’t be able to afford it until our kids were teenagers but God blessed our finances abundantly this year with all of Jared’s overtime and my baby-sitting.
We took the ferry into the park and the kids all got “1st Visit” pins.
The first and only time I’ve been to Magic Kingdom was almost 7 years ago in January, so it was neat to see it all decorated for Christmas this time.
This was the only family picture we got taken on our trip as both Jared and Blake don’t like taking pictures or being in them.
Blake really wanted to go inside of the castle, which I wasn’t even sure if you could. We walked around to the back of it and to our surprise, we discovered Cinderella in there! We actually had a FastPass to see her but were able to change it since the line-up was so short!
The wait time to meet Elsa and Anna was 60 minutes (there were no fastpasses available for them) and I asked my kids if they wanted to wait that long to meet them. To my surprise they said, “No. We want to go on rides.” So, on we went.
Mickey’s Philharmagic 3D show was one of my favorites of the day (and also Jared’s favorite).
Blake is timid when it comes to rides, but we got him on Thunder Mountain Railroad because he couldn’t really see the roller coaster before we got on it! That was one of 2 rides that day that we waited about 45 minutes for. The rest of the rides either had shorter line-ups or we had FastPasses for them.
Popsicles in the morning to help cool them down a bit
“Under the Sea – Journey of the Little Mermaid” was Haley’s favorite ride of the day.
Disney does everything so well, including their landscaping!
We just happened to stumble across a show when walking by the castle!
I liked the buildings in Frontierland
A splash of color
We went on Splash Mountain after lunch, which ended up being Blake’s favorite ride that day.
The Festival of Fantasy parade was one of my highlights of that day! I enjoyed seeing all of the characters, the beautiful floats and the music!
I was PUMPED when I snapped a picture at the perfect moment and captured the dragon breathing fire!
I was so thrilled, I had to get Jared to take a picture!
The last float of the parade
Disney’s Magic Kingdom adventures to be continued…
0 comments:
Post a Comment