CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Great I Am

I shared this song recently on Facebook.  It's one that we played in church 2 week-ends ago and when I heard it for the first time, I wanted to cry and dance.  The first couple of lines really hit me:

"I wanna be close, close to your side
Where heaven is real and death is a lie"

It made me think, for those of us who love Jesus, death really is a lie.  We just simply transfer from one place to another, from earth to heaven.  The song continues:

"I wanna hear voices of angels above
Singing as one
Hallelujah, Holy Holy
God Almighty, Great I am"

It just made me think about what it says in Revelation 4:8 about the angels in heaven singing, "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty, the One who was and is and is to come."  I just get SOOO EXCITED when I think about all of us singing with the angels forever, praising God endlessly.  Someone recently said that as good as we think our worship sounds here on earth at times, it pales in comparison to what God hears in heaven.  That blows my mind to think about that!!  This song is one I have included in my worship times at home as I sing, dance and kneel for my audience of One and soak in His presence.  We have been challenged at our Bible study (or community group as we call it) to think about, "What increases my passion for Jesus?"  For me, it's worshiping through music, so I have started doing that regularly and He is drawing me closer as I spend time with Him and it has become such a sweet time!

0 comments: