Yesterday was a hard day for me. It started off pretty good, pretty normal, until I checked Facebook and I saw my friend’s status: Please pray for the Friesen family today and in the coming days as they mourn the loss of their precious son. I thought, “Oh no, oh no, oh no!” I checked the Friesen’s page, where I have been following their posts as she has updated daily since they found out their 2-year-old son had a cancerous brain tumour. I never met the little boy but I know who the Mom is. Sure enough, she had posted that their son was healed yesterday morning as he went to heaven. I fell to my knees and just sobbed. It’s hard not to ask why when I had been praying + believing for a miracle. It didn’t come how I wanted it to, but I said, “God, you are still good.” What was I doing yesterday morning at 8:30 a.m.? I was spending time with my kids, starting our day, while she was holding her son and saying good-bye as his life here on earth ended. I can’t even imagine and I just cry every time I think about it.
A couple of my kids have been having behavior issues, but those problems seem so small compared to what they’re dealing with, because at least my kids are alive + well! I was quite discouraged after hearing about another behavior problem yesterday, but after crying 4 times yesterday because of everything, I realize I have to count my blessings. Today is a new day and a better day. We went out for a play date and my kids had excellent behavior! It was a miracle and a total answer to prayer!! Yes, God is still good no matter what!
0 comments:
Post a Comment