I have to break this up into 2 blog posts because we did too many things and there are too many pictures to put all into one blog post. At the end of August, my sister, brother-in-law and niece flew here to visit for a week. It was so great to see them after 10 months and to meet their daughter for the first time! Here they are at the airport meeting Haley for the first time
Here’s my Dad meeting his granddaughter for the first time
The airport was a fiasco for us. We parked on the 2nd level and couldn’t find an elevator, so we ended up dragging Haley in her car seat, the stroller, and diaper bag down a flight of stairs. On the way back to our vehicle, we found an elevator and it was the wrong one, so we had to drag all of that down a flight of stairs again and back up another flight of stairs while trying to keep track of Kiera + Blake at the same time. STRESSFUL! We took them to our favorite crepe restaurant for supper after leaving the airport and they really liked it! Kiera instantly loved her cousin
The next day (Thursday), I had Haley’s 2-week doctor’s appt. and she had gained almost a pound in a week (9 lbs. 4 oz. with her clothes on) and everything was great! My Dad took us all out for breakfast after that.
My Mom, Art, Jenene and Sophia spent the whole day at our house. We took all 4 kids for a walk and this was my first time going for a walk with Haley. Jenene pushed Sophia, I pushed Kiera + Blake in the double stroller, and my Mom pushed Haley in our single stroller. We went for slurpees.
Sisters and cousins…love it!
Our friends dropped off supper (some amazing chicken and rice) and it was enough food for everyone! I found out Art shares my passion for ice cream. In fact, he might love it more than I do, which I didn’t think was possible.
I like Haley’s hands in this one
Chillin’ with Sophia
The next day (Friday), I spent all day at my parents’ house with the kids, while Jared worked both jobs. We took the kids for a walk to my Mom’s work so she could show off her 2 newest grandchildren.
The kids played in the pool in the afternoon
Blake got all cold + shivery and wanted to cuddle with me after. He’s been a lot more cuddly since Haley was born which we love! :)
My grandparents stopped by after supper to meet Sophia
Thus concludes the visit part 1. Stay tuned for part 2…
0 comments:
Post a Comment