On Saturday, day 4 of their visit, my cousin got married. That was part of the reason Art + Jenene came out here. I really liked their wedding! It was in a barn that is regularly used for weddings and other events like that. Here’s Haley right before we left for the wedding, wearing a dress for the first time
My Mom’s side met Haley + Sophia for the first time
This cousin is a nurse at the hospital I delivered at, so she met Haley there. Interesting fact: she was the delivering nurse down the hallway from me for my friend’s baby less than 24 hours after Haley was born.
Here’s the beautiful bride. This is the relative who looks like me the most out of all my relatives
She had lollipops in her bouquet, which is totally cool! She dedicated her bouquet to our Grandma, who was invited to the wedding, but is now in heaven, and she got her Dad to put the bouquet on our Grandma’s grave. That had a few relatives crying.
The meal was burgers + fries. BIGGEST burger I’ve ever eaten in my life and the fries were amazing! They had an ice cream parlour for dessert and that was YUMMY!
On Sunday, we went to church and then spent the afternoon at home. In the evening, we went to my parents’ house for an open house with my Mom’s side of the family.
On Monday, Jared was officially back to work after being off for 2 weeks, so I packed up the kids and went to my parents’ house. From there, we went out for lunch, went to the mall and to the chiropractor. We were in 2 separate vehicles and on the way home, I suddenly heard a very loud rumbling noise. I pulled over, opened my door to look back, and sure enough, my tire was completely flat! My Mom’s car was a couple of miles ahead of me, so I quickly phoned her and they turned around. Art (thank the Lord he was there) changed the tire in very little time! We were scheduled to get 2 new tires this fall anyway, so now we were forced to a few weeks early. The tires were on sale, too! :) After he changed the tire, I drove straight to my Grandparents’ place and we had a wiener roast with my Dad’s side of the family. Here’s Blake with his 2nd cousin, who is 4 weeks younger than him
I said, “Smile!” and this is what I got…ha ha!
Going home from my Grandparents was not fun. I could only go 70 km/h on the highway (or just over 40 mph) because of the spare tire and Haley frantically SCREAMED all the way home because she was hungry. It normally would have been a 20 minute drive but that night it was half an hour. Somehow, Blake managed to sleep through that! I’m thankful that it wasn’t a longer drive than that.
On Tuesday, Art, Jenene, Sophia + my Mom came over again and spent the day with us. Here’s Jenene with her nieces + nephew
I like this sleeping position…hee hee!
On Wednesday (Aug. 31), it was my first day on my own with the 3 kids and it went pretty good! I’m SO thankful I had help for almost 3 weeks. In the evening, my Dad took us all out for supper and then Art, Jenene + Sophia flew home. It was so great to have them here again and now it’s only 3 1/2 months ‘til we see them again at Christmas! :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment