CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Yummy Cupcakes

As soon as I saw this recipe online, I knew it was going to be yummy and it did not disappoint!  It is a light, sweet treat and it’s not hard to make.  Here it is:

Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes

1 package white cake mix

1 (88g) package strawberry jello powder

1 cup mashed fresh strawberries (can substitute strawberry applesauce)

1 cup vegetable oil

1/2 cup buttermilk (I substituted 1/2 cup milk + 1/2 tbsp. lemon juice)

4 eggs

In a large bowl, stir together cake mix + jello powder.  Make a well + pour in the last 4 ingredients.  Beat on low speed until blended.  Scrape bowl + beat on medium speed for 2 min.  Pour into muffin pans.

Bake at 350 F for 15-20 min.  Makes 24.

Lemon Icing

1 cup icing sugar

3/4 tbsp. butter (can substitute olive oil)

1/4 tsp. vanilla

1/8 tsp. salt

2 tbsp. lemon juice

Combine ingredients in a bowl and spread on cupcakes.

I brought these to a play date/brunch and the container was empty when I left. :)

strawberry lemonade cupcakes

1 comments:

Melissa said...

I saw this recipe on your blog and just tried it out today! THANK YOU - they taste amazing. An awesome twist on the traditional cupcake - I am serving them for a baby shower. Thanks for sharing!