The last couple of days have been busy and a lot of fun! On Wednesday, my Mom came over and we took the kids to a store where my aunt works. They were having an open house, so they had cake and other chocolate goodies, which we all enjoyed. We came back home, my Mom left, and when Jared got off work, the we all went to the chiropractor. When we got back, it was after supper, and Kiera + Blake's other set of grandparents came over to pick them up and take them to their house for the night! Right after they left, Jared and I went out for coffee just the 2 of us. We hardly ever do that, so it was a special treat! I had a big apple crisp with ice cream (SO good) and he had a grilled cinnamon bun with ice cream. Yum!
Yesterday morning, I worked out, got myself ready, and went to my doctor's appt. The doctor again had a hard time finding the heartbeat! I was shocked! I'm 23 weeks along, so the baby is fair-sized and there's not a whole lot of room to hide. I mentioned to a friend a few months ago that I thought it might be fun to have a kid who's a clown (not literally, but someone who's really funny), and now I'm wondering if I should be careful what I wish for! After my appt., I went and bought some piano books for my students and then came home and swept + Swiffer mopped the main floor. Then, I headed back out and met my Mom at her workplace and she took me out for lunch. We went to a cute little coffee shop/sandwich place that I had never been to before and it was good! After that, I went to a friend's house and another friend was also there with her kids, so that was fun! I came back home and played some songs from my new Eva Cassidy piano book and then vacuumed the whole house. Then, we went out for supper.
Earlier in the day, I got a call from Jared asking if I wanted a free supper at a nice restaurant close by. I asked, "Free? How?" He said his work was giving out tickets to the Chamber of Commerce meeting and it was first come first serve, so we could go if we wanted to! I burst out laughing when he told me it was the Chamber of Commerce meeting and said, "Sure!" So, we went to the banquet and there were 4 other co-workers there, along with 2 of their spouses at our table. We were totally out of place as there were all the prominent business people in our area wearing suits and fancy clothes, but we had a lot of fun! The people at our table were hilarious. One of the couples at our table just had their 4th baby, so they had some funny stories. I actually sat next to the principal of an Elementary School and it's the school that Kiera will be going to next year, so I was very happy to hear about the way he handles problems and immediately notifies the parents. I was very encouraged to hear that they try to work alongside with the parents to help the students who are having or causing problems. The meal was alright and I was just very thankful that I didn't have to cook. There was an Asian salad, and the main course was a big piece of pork, pesto cheese scalloped potatoes (the best part of the meal), and a few pieces of asparagus. For dessert, they had Pavlova, which I can safely say is the strangest dessert I've ever had. It was nearly impossible to cut and very chewy. I was definitely not a fan. We left right after that before all the speeches started as our kids were being brought back to us at 8 p.m. I TOTALLY enjoyed every minute of kid-free time that I had and was again extremely blessed to get another break from the kids! Anyone want to baby-sit tonight? Just kidding!
Friday, April 15, 2011
Busy Bee
Posted by Elleah at 7:50 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Did the doctor finally find the heartbeat? Maybe this is something the doctor isn't good at??!! I'm glad you've been able to enjoy some free time.
Post a Comment