CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Necessities: Food, Drink, Sleep, + Going To the Bathroom

Since my post a couple of weeks ago when I said I thought Kiera wasn't going to nap anymore, she has napped every day since then! Yay! I'm so thankful both my kids are such wonderful sleepers! God gets all the credit!

Last week, Kiera went to her grandparents' house for 2 1/2 days. My Mom-in-law wanted to try to potty train Kiera and I don't have the time right now to do that, so I said, "Sure!" She did pee on her little potty a whole bunch of times at their house, but since returning home, she hasn't done it at all. I'm not sure that's she's quite ready yet. She doesn't mind sitting on it sometimes, so she does that while reading books. While she was away, we made a really yummy supper! We made pancakes, hash browns, and breakfast sausages (I don't like those but Jared does). I decided to experiment with the pancakes and I added a cup of wildberry yogurt and a teaspoon of vanilla. SO good! Next time I might try strawberry or vanilla yogurt. It gave them such a great flavor! Another thing I made along with the meal was an orange julius for both of us. This is the recipe I used and put it all in the blender:

1 cup fresh orange juice
2 ice cubes
1/2 cup milk
2 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla

That makes one drink. Most recipes use half a tin of frozen orange juice instead of fresh orange juice and then you need to add 1 cup of water as well. I'm all about my homemade frozen drinks made with my Magic Bullet these days! They're cheap, yummy, and taste like summer! On that note, time for a snack!

1 comments:

Mom said...

I'm glad you are getting use out of the magic bullet.